France Disappointed Trump: NATO Will Not Come To The Strait Of Hormuz

Saturday, May 23, 2026  Read time1 min

Saed News: The spokesperson of the French Foreign Ministry rejected any NATO role in the Strait of Hormuz and said such an action is not appropriate.

France Disappointed Trump: NATO Will Not Come To The Strait Of Hormuz

According to SAEDNEWS, a spokesperson for the French Foreign Ministry said: France has rejected the idea of NATO playing a role in a so-called international mission under the pretext of ensuring “freedom of navigation” in the Strait of Hormuz.

According to Al Jazeera English, the Foreign Ministry spokesperson said: “Our position is clear and consistent. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) applies to the North Atlantic. Focusing on the Middle East issue and the Strait of Hormuz is not NATO’s objective, and NATO’s involvement in them is not appropriate.”

Despite months of efforts by US President Donald Trump to seek help from NATO member states in his escalatory actions in the Strait of Hormuz, the alliance has so far ignored these requests and has postponed any decision-making until July.

Following the actions of the United States and the Israeli regime in the region and repeated illegal attacks on Iran’s national sovereignty and territorial integrity from March 9, 1404 (Iranian calendar), Iranian officials announced that all ship traffic through this important international waterway—located near Iran’s territorial waters and coastline—must be coordinated with Iran, and vessels linked to the United States, the Israeli regime, and their allies will not be allowed passage without permission.