Yemen’s Armed Forces Target Saudi-Backed Mercenaries With Attack Drones

Saturday, August 22, 2026  Read time1 min

SAEDNEWS: Yemen’s Armed Forces said an attack drone named “Rajoom” struck gatherings and armored vehicles belonging to Saudi-backed mercenaries in Ma’rib and the western coast. Footage released by the forces shows the reported moments of impact.

Yemen’s Armed Forces Target Saudi-Backed Mercenaries With Attack Drones

According to SaedNews: Yemen’s Armed Forces announced on Friday that it had carried out a drone operation against gatherings and armored vehicles belonging to Saudi-backed mercenaries in Ma’rib and along Yemen’s western coast.

The forces said the attack was conducted using the “Rajoom” assault drone and released footage that reportedly shows the aircraft striking its designated targets. Field reports described the operation as precise and successful, claiming that it inflicted heavy losses on both the mercenaries and their equipment.

Yemen’s Armed Forces have previously used drones as well as ballistic missiles to target positions belonging to Saudi-backed mercenaries and their allies in different parts of Yemen.