Behind The Delay Of The U.S. Attack; What Did Arab Countries Tell Trump?

Tuesday, May 19, 2026  Read time2 min

Saed News: Axios wrote in a report: A U.S. official claimed, “A unified message came from Doha, Abu Dhabi, and Riyadh. The message was: ‘Give negotiations a chance, because if you attack Iran, all of us will pay the price.’”

Behind The Delay Of The U.S. Attack; What Did Arab Countries Tell Trump?

According to SAEDNEWS, citing Axios, U.S. President Donald Trump announced on Monday that he had intended to attack Iran “tomorrow,” but postponed the move to give negotiations another opportunity. He claimed that he made this decision following requests from several Arab leaders.

According to American sources, the White House considered the updated peace proposal presented by Iran on Sunday to be insufficient, a matter that raised expectations — even within the White House — that a U.S. attack on Iran was approaching.

Since the beginning of the war, Trump has extended deadlines at least six times and postponed planned attacks against Iran.

Two U.S. officials also told Axios that Trump is expected to gather his senior national security team in the White House Situation Room on Tuesday to discuss military options.

In addition, a senior U.S. official told Axios on Monday morning that if Iran does not change its position, the United States would have to continue negotiations “through bombs.”

Axios further wrote in its report that Trump posted on Truth Social on Monday: “The Emir of Qatar, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, and the President of the United Arab Emirates have asked me to postpone our planned military attack on the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow.”

He further added that the Arab leaders told him: “Serious negotiations are now underway and, in their view, as great leaders and allies, an agreement will be reached that will be highly acceptable for the United States of America as well as all countries in the Middle East and beyond.”

Trump also claimed that this agreement would guarantee that Iran would not obtain nuclear weapons.

However, since the beginning of the war, he has repeatedly spoken about progress toward reaching an agreement, but no tangible progress has yet been achieved.

Two informed sources stated that Trump spoke by phone with the leaders of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates 24 hours before announcing his decision.

According to Axios, a U.S. official claimed: “A unified message came from Doha, Abu Dhabi, and Riyadh. The message was: ‘Give negotiations a chance, because if you attack Iran, all of us will pay the price.’”

Another informed source said Trump told some of his hardline political allies that the three Arab leaders warned him they “do not want their oil and energy facilities blown up because of Iranian retaliatory actions.”

Trump also told reporters that the Arab leaders had asked him to wait “two or three days,” adding that he had already informed Israel of his decision.

According to the American media outlet, the U.S. president concluded on Truth Social by writing that he had instructed Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Dan Caine to suspend the attack plans, while at the same time remaining prepared to “move forward with a full and massive attack on Iran at a moment’s notice if an acceptable agreement is not reached.”