Saed News: Donald Trump, in response to a reporter’s question about attending his son’s wedding, said: “If I go, they’ll kill me. If I don’t go, they’ll kill me too — by the fake news media!”
According to SAEDNEWS, the President of the United States stated that he would not attend his son’s wedding ceremony this weekend, saying that he feels he should remain in Washington and at the White House during this important period.
Donald Trump wrote on Friday local time on his social media platform, Truth Social: “Although I would have very much liked to be with my son, Don Jr., and the newest member of the Trump family, his future wife Bettina, circumstances related to government affairs and my love for the United States of America do not allow me to do so.”
He continued: “I feel that during this important period of time, it is necessary for me to stay in Washington, D.C., at the White House. Congratulations to Don and Bettina!”
At the same time, CBS News reported a change in Trump’s weekend schedule, stating that according to an updated schedule recently released, Trump is expected to return to the White House tonight after his trip to New York.
CBS News added that the U.S. president had previously been expected to spend the weekend at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey.
The network also noted that the reason for this schedule change is currently unknown.
Trump also told reporters at the White House on Thursday local time, in response to a question about attending his son’s wedding this weekend: “If I go, they’ll kill me. If I don’t go, they’ll kill me too — by the fake media!”
The U.S. president added: “Well, he (my son) would like me to go, but it’s a small private ceremony and I’m trying to go. I’m busy with work. I said this timing isn’t good for me.”
Trump continued: “I’m dealing with Iran and other matters. I hope they have a great marriage.”