Yemen’s Armed Forces Claim Attacks on Eight Saudi Oil Tankers

Thursday, August 20, 2026  Read time1 min

SAEDNEWS: Yemeni Armed Forces spokesman Brig. Gen. Yahya Saree said eight Saudi oil tankers had been targeted since July 20, while 48 others were forced to turn back. He also reported military operations against Saudi targets and Saudi-backed fighters.

Yemen’s Armed Forces Claim Attacks on Eight Saudi Oil Tankers

According to SaedNews: Yemeni Armed Forces spokesman Brig. Gen. Yahya Saree announced Wednesday that Yemeni forces had carried out a series of operations against Saudi targets on land and at sea.

Saree said eight Saudi oil tankers had been targeted since July 20 in the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden and Arabian Sea. He added that the movement of 48 other Saudi-owned tankers through those waters had been prevented, forcing them to return.

ship

The Yemeni spokesman also reported nine military operations deep inside Saudi territory, including in Yanbu, Najran, Jizan and Abha, as well as against oil facilities in the Eastern Province. He said the attacks were carried out in response to Saudi Arabia’s recent strikes on Sanaa airport and the port of Hudaydah.

Saree further announced 14 military operations against Saudi-backed fighters in Al-Ruwaik, Al-Abr, Al-Wadiah, Marib and Mokha. According to him, hundreds of Saudi-backed fighters were killed or wounded in the operations, including commanders and officers.