SAEDNEWS: An Israeli regime drone attack killed two Palestinian children in the southern Gaza Strip on Saturday, medical sources said, in yet another violation of the ceasefire agreement that took effect last month.
A strike targeted the town of Bani Suheila, east of Khan Younis.
Witnesses told Al Jazeera that Israeli drones dropped a bomb on a group of civilians near al-Farabi School on Saturday morning.
The attack killed two brothers, Juma and Fadi Tamer Abu Assi.
The boys were rushed to Nasser Medical Complex in Khan Younis with critical injuries but were later pronounced dead, medical sources confirmed.
The targeted area lies beyond the so-called Yellow Line, marking the redeployment boundary of Israeli forces under the ceasefire agreement that began on October 10, sources said.
Earlier on Saturday, Israeli forces carried out ground, naval, and air assaults across several areas of Gaza.
Three Palestinians were wounded by Israeli artillery and airstrikes in al-Qarara, northeast of Khan Younis, medical sources reported.
Israeli warplanes also struck the Tuffah neighborhood east of Gaza City, while additional attacks targeted eastern Rafah in southern Gaza.
The latest violence follows Friday’s killing of another Palestinian by Israeli drone fire beyond the Yellow Line in Bani Suheila, according to Nasser Medical Complex.
Since October 2023, Israeli forces have killed nearly 70,000 Palestinians—mostly women and children—and wounded more than 170,000.
Repeated violations of the October truce have prompted Hamas to urge the international community to pressure Israel into respecting the agreement.